We continue to support our patients during this challenging time. We are now booking secure video, telephone appointments and face to face assessments.
MindOf are complying with government guidance to minimise the risk to our patients contracting COVID-19 as much as possible. However, we are unable to eliminate the risk completely of contracting the virus if you come for a face to face appointment.
If you have a face to face appointment please follow this guidance regarding attending the clinic:
1. If you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of cold, cough, fever, vomiting/diarrhoea, loss of sense of smell/taste, please do not attend the appointment and call up to reschedule.
2. If you have recently travelled abroad you must self isolate for 14 days unless travelling from certain countries or territories. If you are self isolating please call up to change your appointment to a video consult or to reschedule. Please check to see if you are exempt via https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
3. Please check the temperature of those intending to attend the appointment, at home on the day of your appointment and if you have a fever please call up to reschedule your appointment.
4. Please do not knock on the back door as we now have our own entry system. Knock on our Administrator's office window towards the far end of the car park and he will greet you and let the doctor know you have arrived.
5. Our Administrator will then invite everyone attending the appointment to check in using the NHS Track and Trace app by scanning our personalised QR code.
6. Our Administrator will then take a temperature measurement for everyone entering the building and will pass this information on to the doctor you are seeing.
7. The doctor/therapist will then meet you at the back door and open the door for you.
8. Please wear a mask if you are 12 or over.
9. Please wipe your hands with Sanitizing Gel by the door after entering and before leaving the building.
10. The doctor/therapist will escort you and open the door for you when you leave.
12. Please bring a bottle of water with you if it is a hot day.
13. Please be aware that your doctor/therapist will be wearing PPE for the assessment if social distancing can not be maintained, including gloves, apron, mask +/visor.
14. Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions and signed the consent form agreeing to adhere to our Covid-19 guidance before attending the clinic.
Please note that due to social distancing our waiting area is currently closed. Therefore we advise all patients to arrive at their allotted appointment time. If a parent/carer needs to leave the child/young person to be seen individually for part of the appointment, then we ask that the parent/carer waits in their car or visits the cafe across the road in the park. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused whilst we adhere to the clinic Covid-19 guidance.
We strongly advise you do not come to clinic if you or anyone in your household is
in the high-risk group as outlined below. Please let us know when enquiring
about an appointment if you do meet any of the criteria listed.
COVID-19 High Risk Groups:
• You are aged over 70.
• You have a BMI > 40.
• You have a weakened immune system.
• You have any co-morbidities which can cause immunosuppression such as
diabetes, HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis, alcohol abuse, smoking, long-term
steroid use, cancer diagnosis or current cancer treatment.
• You are caring for anyone in the shielded category.
Please do not attend the clinic if:
• You or any of your household are displaying symptoms of coronavirus.
NHS Coronavirus Symptoms Guidance
• You have not been following government guidelines in respect to social
• You are in quarantine after returning from abroad.
Government Travel Advice
• You have been advised by a contact-tracer that you must self-isolate.
If you are unable to attend the clinic please call us and we would be happy to arrange a secure video consult or reschedule your face to face clinic appointment to another date if appropriate.
If you are unwell with fever/cough/flue/cold symptoms please call NHS 111. Stay at home, stay safe and healthy!
For further advice see https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 and https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public